It’s no secret that making money with a YouTube channel is becoming increasingly difficult. With so many people competing for ad revenue, it can be tough to break through and make a solid income from your videos. However, there are still plenty of ways to make money with YouTube in 2022! In this blog post, we will discuss the various ways you can make money with your channel and generate revenue. We will also provide ideas on what is required to get monetized.
How Many Views or Subscribers Do I Need to Make Money on YouTube?
The number of views or subscribers you need in order for things to really take off depends on the approach you’re taking. If you’re hoping to make money through the YouTube Partner Program, you’ll need a fairly large number of public watch time. On the other hand, if you’re selling products or services directly to your viewers, you’ll need a smaller but more engaged audience that is willing to spend money. If you’re doing affiliate links, you’ll need a good amount of traffic to your videos in order for people to click on the links and make purchases.
The point here is there are many different ways to make money with your YouTube channel, and you don’t necessarily need a large audience in order to do so.
YouTube Partner Program
The YouTube Partner Program is the traditional way that most people think of when it comes to making money with YouTube. You become a partner by enabling monetization on your channel and reaching the eligibility requirements. Once you’re a YouTube Partner, you’ll be able to run ads on your videos and earn revenue from them. In order to become a YouTube Partner, you must:
- Have at least 4000 public watch hours in the last 12 months
- Have at least 1000 subscribers
- Have an AdSense account linked to your YouTube channel
- Comply with YouTube’s Partner Program policies
If you meet all of these requirements, you can apply to be a YouTube Partner. Once you’re accepted, you’ll be able to run ads on your videos and start earning revenue. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the YouTube Partner Program is becoming increasingly competitive. With so many people vying for ad revenue, it can be tough to make a significant income from this method alone.
Selling Products or Services
If you have your own products or services to sell, you can use your YouTube channel as a platform to promote and sell them. This is a great way to generate revenue because you’re able to directly control how much money you make. You can promote and sell your products or services in a number of ways, such as:
- In the video description
- In the annotations
- Through an end card
- By linking to your website or online store in the video
If you’re selling products or services, it’s important to have a sales funnel set up. This will help you convert viewers into paying customers. A sales funnel is a process that takes a viewer from being aware of your product or service to making a purchase. The specific steps will vary depending on what you’re selling, but generally, you’ll want to:
- Make sure your videos are keyword-optimized and rank high in the search results
- Create videos that provide value to the viewer and build trust
- Include a call-to-action in your videos telling viewers what they should do next
- Drive traffic to your website or online store
- Convert viewers into paying customers
It’s also important to have an e-mail list. This will allow you to stay in touch with your viewers and promote new products or services to them. You can build an e-mail list by:
- Asking viewers to sign up for your e-mail list in your videos
- Including a link to your e-mail sign-up page in the video description
- Running e-mail list ads on platforms like Facebook
If you’re not selling your own products or services, you can still make money with your YouTube channel by promoting other people’s products and services. This is done through affiliate links. Affiliate links are essentially special links that allow you to track how many people click on them and make a purchase. When someone clicks on your affiliate link and makes a purchase, you’ll earn a commission.
You can promote affiliate links in a number of ways, such as:
- In the video description
- In the annotations
- Through an end card
- By mentioning the product or service in the video
It’s important to remember that you need to disclose that you’re using affiliate links. This can be done by adding a statement in the video description or annotations. For example, you could say “This video contains affiliate links, which means I’ll earn a commission if you purchase the product or service.”
Another way to make money with your YouTube channel is through donations. This can be done through platforms like Patreon, which allows viewers to donate money to support your channel. You can set up a Patreon account and start accepting donations by:
- Creating a profile on Patreon
- Creating tiers of support with different rewards
- Promoting your Patreon account on your YouTube channel
It’s important to remember that you need to provide value to your viewers in order for them to want to donate money to you. This can be done by creating high-quality, informative, and entertaining videos.
If you have a large and engaged audience, you can also make money by partnering with brands. Brands will often pay influencers to promote their products or services. This can be done in a number of ways, such as:
- Mentioning the product or service in the video
- Using the product or service in the video
- Doing a sponsored review of the product or service
- Doing a giveaway of the product or service
To find brand deals, you can:
- Reach out to brands directly and inquire about partnerships
- Work with an influencer marketing agency
- Use an influencer marketing platform
Finally, you can also make money through YouTube Premium. YouTube Premium is a subscription service that allows viewers to watch videos without ads and gives them access to exclusive content. If you have a YouTube channel with premium content, you can earn money by:
- Allowing YouTube to run ads on your videos
- Charging viewers a monthly subscription fee
To get started with YouTube Premium, you’ll need to:
- Create premium content that is not available for free on your YouTube channel
- Apply to be a part of the YouTube Partner Program
- Enable monetization on your channel
These are just a few of the ways you can make money with your YouTube channel in 2022. If you’re looking to start earning money from your channel, be sure to consider all of these options.
While there are many ways to make money from a YouTube channel, it’s important to remember that it takes time and effort to build up a large and engaged audience. If you’re just starting out, it’s important to focus on creating high-quality content and growing your audience. Once you have a large and engaged audience, you can start monetizing your channel in a number of ways.